Attend the 2017 Eastern Piedmont NC Farm School!
Realize the dream of owning your own farm!
Learn from the successful farms of our graduates!
- Marketing, budgeting, finance, risk management, and farm production training tailored to your goals
- One on one business consultations with NC State University Specialist
- Continued events and relationships to help you develop your business beyond 2016 NC Farm School
- Access to farming resources developed in our program exclusively for NCFS Students
- Relationships with extension agents in your county connecting you to valuable resources
Franklin County will be hosting Eastern Piedmont NC Farm School in 2017. The NC Farm School program offers eight business-planning seminars taught by extension specialists, agents, and experienced farmers who completed our program. These sessions give students the tools to create viable farm business plans. The school is easy to fit into a busy schedule by providing two classes each month and each business session focuses on different areas of a business plan, including financial management and effective marketing strategies. The goal of NC Farm School is to allow a pathway of success for farmers to generate profitable businesses.
NC Farm School in Action
The program also includes field trips to working farms, many of which completed our program and operate successful farms. Participants learn economically sustainable farming methods in a range of production systems, including fruits, vegetables, specialty crops, poultry, animal husbandry, and agritourism.
One of the features of the NC Farm School is getting one on one time with NC State University specialists trained in agricultural business, marketing, production system evaluation, and business startup. These consultations are so valuable to help saving students' time and money and getting their farm business up and running. In addition students will meet a local agent who can help them follow through with their plans, connect them to valuable resources, and make sure they have a sound production system in place.